Poster Inspiration - The Town That Dreaded Sundown

06:51



 For my poster, I am using the existing poster for the 2014 film 'The Town That Dreaded Sundown' as inspiration. I am using this as inspiration as both that film and our film have similar 'mystery killer' storylines. In my poster and other ancillary products, I wanted to play up the element of the mystery killer as that is probably the 'scariest' thing about our film so is likely a selling factor - the audience sees a violent looking figure and will assume the film is a horror/thriller so will go and see it to feel scared. For my poster, I will be having a similar main image to the one that The Town That Dreaded Sundown uses - I like the way there is an imprint of the silhouette/basic image of the mask the killer is wearing as the backdrop. I also like the layout of this poster - I think is it quite clear. However, I will be adding in a tagline and the names of the talent involved. I think the tagline 'You Can't Escape the Countdown' helps to emphasise the plot of the film and gives further clues that this is a horror film. For the release date and title, I have continued to play on the idea of the newspaper clipping letters which is used in the note in the film - this creates iconography.

Once I have taken and edited by own image, I will make sure that the spacings are all correct - at the moment the names of the talent are not all equally spread across the page due to the stand in image being positioned at a strange angle.

You Might Also Like

0 comments